help > RE: realigment / ART
Feb 14, 2020  01:02 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: realigment / ART
Dear Bram,

That is curious indeed, I would also expect the estimated motion parameters to not change (or change minimally if the data was resampled), could you please elaborate on what differences are you observing in realignment parameters (or send me an example of the two rp_*.txt files, one on the original data and the second on the reoriented data)

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Bram Beckers:
Dear Alfonso,

I have a question regarding realigment and running ART.
In my preprocessing pipeline I started with slice time correction & motion correction. Several steps later, after distortion correction (performed outside of CONN), I found myself forced to do a (minimal) manual reorientation as images no longer alligned well enough with the SPM template T2 to do normalization. I expected this not to impact my realignment parameters. To test this I ran realignment in a single subject: one original scan, and one slightly reoriented (not motion corrected previously). It turns out that the parameters do differ.

My questions are
1) Why are the motion parameters affected by reorientation? I thought the images would just be realigned with the first image, hence it wouldn't matter how the images are oriented?
2) depending on the first question/answer: I want to use the motion parameters to run ART. How would the reorientation (and altered motion parameters) affect this processing step? 

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Bram

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Bram Beckers Feb 14, 2020
RE: realigment / ART
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Feb 14, 2020
Bram Beckers Feb 14, 2020
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Feb 15, 2020
Bram Beckers Feb 17, 2020