open-discussion > RE: Is there a way to leave the B0's between the other DWI data in their place after using DTIPrep?
Mar 25, 2020  07:03 PM | Martin Styner
RE: Is there a way to leave the B0's between the other DWI data in their place after using DTIPrep?
Originally posted by Puck Reeders:
 Hi everyone, 

When I use DTIPrep for my DWI QC, it deletes all my B0 files. 
I tried to turn off the averaging of the B0 files by turning the  "baseline_averaging" to "No", but for some reason all my B0 files are gone after I use DTIPrep. I am not using the eddy/motion correction in DTIPrep. I know that needs the averaged B0.
Any recommendations on how to use DTIPrep and keeping my B0 files in place?
Thank you in advance!

Best,

Puck Reeders
If you turn off baseline averaging, then it should not replace all of your b=0 with the average b=0, so all you b=0 volumes should still be present.  Please try again (and ensure that it writes to a new output folder) with baseline averaging disabled.

btw, the eddy motion correction uses the first b=0 as target. If baseline averaging is enabled, then that is the first b=0 volume. baseline averaging is not needed but recommended for eddy motion correction

One last comment: it could also be that the b=0 volumes are all low quality and thus get rejected in the slice-wise or interlace check? You should be able to see that from the QC report txt file

Martin

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Puck Reeders Mar 25, 2020
RE: Is there a way to leave the B0's between the other DWI data in their place after using DTIPrep?
Martin Styner Mar 25, 2020
Daniel Berge May 7, 2020
Martin Styner May 7, 2020
Daniel Berge May 8, 2020
Martin Styner May 8, 2020