help > RE: CONN compatible with HCP MSM-All CIFTI data?
Apr 4, 2020  11:04 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: CONN compatible with HCP MSM-All CIFTI data?
Hi Eric,

Sorry, CONN is not (at least yet) compatible with CIFTI-formatted data. Nevertheless you may enter the HCP ICA-Fix denoised nifti functional data (e.g. files rfMRI_REST*_clean.nii.gz; see for example the script conn_batch_humanconnectome.m) and have CONN extract the surface-level data from it directly (e.g. running the last portion of the default preprocessing pipeline for surface-based analyses, mainly the preprocessing steps 'functional_surface_coreg&resample' and 'functional_surface_smooth')

Best
Alfonso

Originally posted by Eric Rawls:
Hi all, I searched the forum but I only found two (unanswered) threads asking about the compatibility of the CONN toolbox with CIFTI data.

Is CONN compatible with CIFTI-formatted fMRI inputs? I would like to analyze the human connectome project MSM-All registered ICA-FIX denoised CIFTI data in CONN but I have not found any documentation on this.

Note, I was able to use the subject-level Freesurfer (.mgz) MRI as a structural file in CONN, but that is not what I'm going for, and I have not been able to properly import the surface-registered functional data.

If CONN is not compatible with CIFTI data, can anyone recommend a graph theory package that is? Any help is much appreciated!
Eric

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Eric Rawls Apr 3, 2020
RE: CONN compatible with HCP MSM-All CIFTI data?
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Apr 4, 2020