Dear Andrew,

Thank you very much, the follow is the simply design:
1 0 0 0 25 0
0 1 0 0 21 0
0 0 1 0 33 0
1 0 0 1 90 90
0 1 0 1 83 83
0 0 1 1 96 96
the first 3 columns for each subject , the 4th column for timepoint, 5th column for language score,
6th column for interaction between language score and time.
if I want to study the correlation between the connectivity change and score change,
the contrast : [0 0 0 0 0 1]
and if I want to study the correlation between the connectivity and the language score,
the contrast :[0 0 0 0 1 0]
all this with ttest th=3.
exchange block [ 1 2 3 1 2 3] .

Is this design accurate? because I really confuse on to remove score' column, if I want to study the interaction, remove score' column, and just keep last column how it calculate the change of language score.
Best
Xuehu

riginally posted by Andrew Zalesky:
Hi Xuehu,

You may want to check out some of the other posts on this forum that discuss the design matrix for longitudinal designs.

In brief, your design matrix would comprise:

1. A separate column for each subject. Each of these columns would include two ones corresponding to the two visits for that subject, while all other entries would be zero

2. A single column of ones and zeros indicating the time of visit (first=0, second=1)

3. An additional column for language score

4. The interaction between language score and time. You would element-wise multiply Columns 2 and 3 to get the interaction term. Note that you would need to remove column 3 if you want to study the interaction.

Another approach is to simply subtract structural connectivity at the first visit from structural connectivity in the second visit. You could then run the NBS on the DIFFERENCE in connectivity. This can be done with a simple design matrix comprising the language score (or it difference) and a column of ones.

Andrew

Originally posted by Xuehu Wei:
Dears

I am new to NBS platform and wanted to use it for my longitudinal analysis.
I have 20 subjects, each subject was scanned twice( tp1: before training, tp2:after training).
a language score was recorded during these two visits.
Now I want to run a longitudinal analysis:
1. investigate the correlation between structural connectivity change and the language score change.
2. investigate the affection of the language score on the structural connectivity
Can you please advise how to write the design matrix?thank you very much.
Best
Xuehu

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Xuehu Wei Jul 23, 2020
Andrew Zalesky Jul 24, 2020
Xuehu Wei Jul 24, 2020
Andrew Zalesky Jul 24, 2020
RE: longitudinal analysis.
Xuehu Wei Jul 24, 2020