help > Setting up contrasts - Functional connectivity analysis with behavioral findings (a personality measure) as a second-level covariate
Jul 30, 2020  11:07 PM | An Chuen Cho
Setting up contrasts - Functional connectivity analysis with behavioral findings (a personality measure) as a second-level covariate
Hi Alfonso,

At the moment, I am working with personality data and resting-state data and am having uncertainties about my second-level analysis. In my sample, I have an ASD group and typically-developing (TYP) group, which have been noted as covariates in my CONN project. I have two research questions: (1) what functional connectivities (ROI-ROI) are associated with Extraversion scores in the ASD group? (same question will be asked for the TYP group as well); and (2) how does the correlation between Extraversion scores and functional connectivities differ between ASD and TYP groups?

My intuition and what I've gathered from the internet is that to answer the first question, my contrast would have to be:

ASD Extraversion
1 0

And for my second question it would be:

ASD TYP Extraversion
1 -1 0

Could you please let me know if this is set up correctly? Also, please let me know if there's more information I need to provide (e.g., how did I set up the ASD/TYP covariates) in order for this to make sense to you. Very much looking forward to your response, thank you as always!

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Setting up contrasts - Functional connectivity analysis with behavioral findings (a personality measure) as a second-level covariate
An Chuen Cho Jul 30, 2020
An Chuen Cho Aug 13, 2020