help > RE: Correlation analysis in NBS
Aug 6, 2020  12:08 AM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: Correlation analysis in NBS
Hi Guisy,

Use the t-test option to assess correlations between connectivity and a behavior. The one-sample test is not the correct test to use here. Further details and examples are provided in the manual. 

If you use FDR, the number of permutations need to be much higher than 5000. I suggest using 100,000 or more. 5,000 is ok if you use NBS. Using 5,000 for FDR will yield inaccurate p-values. 

Andrew
Originally posted by giusy olivito:
Hi everyone, I need your help/suggestion for the correlation analysis in NBS. I created my connectivity matrices for a patient sample (n 48) and I want to run a correlation analysis to check the association between internodal functional connectivity within the a-priori created network ( 5 rois) and some behavioral tests. I selected one -sample t-test statistical model, and entered my design matrix as follows:

1 23
1 43
1 25
1 34
1 23
1 56

and so on...

So my correlations with performance scores of 3 different tests were based on one-sample t-test, using 5000 permutations and setting the significant p-value at 0.05 (FDR method). I found some significant results involving all the 5 nodes of the networks for all the tests, but, surprisingly, the t value was the same for each edge across the three tests used. 

My answer is...did something not work? it seems unlikely that the t-scores are exactly the same...

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
giusy olivito Aug 5, 2020
RE: Correlation analysis in NBS
Andrew Zalesky Aug 6, 2020