help > MRIcroGL access denied/openGl 3.3 core error
Oct 6, 2020  05:10 PM | Kristin Sandness - University of MN
MRIcroGL access denied/openGl 3.3 core error
Hi there,

When I try to run MRIcroGL on a Windows 10 education (64-bit) machine I get the error: Access denied. Press OK to ignore and risk data corruption. Press Abort to kill the program.

The computer is a shared device, but I downloaded under my profile to my personal desktop to run (this is happening with both the fall 2019 and March 2020 version of the software).

The program had previously been working without this error message, I'm told, so I'm wondering if the network folks at the University pushed some sort of permissions change for apps.

Edit: When I log-in as an administrator (and download and run the program as an admin), I get the error 'unable to load openGL 3.3 core', and the program doesn't load. The device graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 5450.

So this may be a permissions issue, but doesn't seem to be an admin issue re the level I can access. Thoughts/do you know of a possible workaround here?

Also, sorry I originally posted this to the MRIcron help forum because that's where I found reference to a similar issue occurring.

Thanks!

Kristin

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
MRIcroGL access denied/openGl 3.3 core error
Kristin Sandness Oct 6, 2020
Chris Rorden Oct 7, 2020
Kristin Sandness Oct 28, 2020