help > RE: Can I load the first-level results to run the second-level analysis in SPM fMRI gui
Nov 24, 2020  07:11 AM | Hua Yu
RE: Can I load the first-level results to run the second-level analysis in SPM fMRI gui
Hello everyone,

It was so useful to read questions posted by others in the forum. Now I am going to answer my question by myself,

First, we can use the first level beta nii file, as well as other mat files once you know how to import the Z scores for second level analysis in spm fMRI,these values are already fisher z transformed. I prefer to use second level analysis in spm fmri, because I am more familiar with it (please see the reference posted elesever https://www.nitrc.org/forum/forum.php?th...);

Second, we do not need to regress out all the second level covariates, but we need to do qulity ckeck by view the FD value and global signal change. Using ART's intermediate settings, the threshold values are 0.9 and 5 respectively. (see reference https://www.nitrc.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=11887&forum_id=1144)

Other helpful notes learnd from the forum is that we do not need to regress the global signal out cause Conn uses CompCor, instead of global signal regression, to address potential subject-movement and physiological confounding effects without the risk of artificially introducing anticorrelations into your functional connectivity estimates.

Hope it helps,

Hua
Originally posted by Hua Yu:
Dear experts,

So sorry for troubling you with such stupid questions. Now I have preprocessed my resting state fMRI data in CONN toolbox.  Then I used the right caudate as seed to run the seed-based resting state functional connectivity analysis. Then I got the first level results. Now I want to to the second level analysis in SPM fMRI gui. So I choose the beta images from the first level analysis, and do I also need to import the second covariates in CONN as covariates in SPM?

Looking forward for your reply.

Best,

Hua

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Hua Yu Oct 1, 2020
RE: Can I load the first-level results to run the second-level analysis in SPM fMRI gui
Hua Yu Nov 24, 2020