help > RE: Mixed effects model for repeated subjects?
Jul 23, 2021  07:07 PM | Karl Lerud
RE: Mixed effects model for repeated subjects?
Hi all, I would like to try to bump this again. I am working on a script where many, but not all, subjects have multiple sessions, across different levels of a factor. So I am preparing fields utilizing cell arrays as the documentation says, such as onsets{1}{nsub}{nses} etc. I actually have multiple RT values, even within subjects, so I set Setup.RT in the same way as a cell array, but I get an error that I assume means it expects that to be a vector of doubles. The documentation also says that it is only a vector that is nsub long. So how should I set this up when I need to specify the RT for each individual session? Thanks,

Karl

Originally posted by Karl Lerud:
Hi all, can I bump this? I am just wondering how to use the "Sessions" option in the case of multiple sessions per subject, and also in general a mixed effects model with unequal N, different numbers of sessions per subject, subjects participating in different conditions, etc. Thanks, 

Karl

Originally posted by Karl Lerud:
Hello all. I have a fairly simple resting-state functional connectivity analysis that I am doing, where the contrast at the first-level analysis is just a type of stimulation being off or on, let's call these OFF and ON, which alternates several times over the course of each scan. There are several types of this stimulation, which is the group distinction, let's call them A, B, C, D, etc., that I use for second-level group analysis. There are 100 scans in total, comprising the total of A, B, C, etc.

My problem is that I have far fewer than 100 subjects, because many of them contributed multiple scans. Some only contributed one, some may have contributed two to A and one to B, some may have contributed three to C but none to any other condition, etc. How many scans and which conditions they were vary widely subject to subject.

So this sounds like it needs a mixed effects analysis, with subject coded as a random effect, correct? For simplicity in setting up the CONN analysis, I just have each scan as a new "subject" and each "subject" only has one "session". But to do this correctly, would I simply code each scan from the same subject as a new session for that subject, and keep everything else the same? Is it ok that the number of sessions is very unequal from subject to subject, and many (most) have not participated in all conditions A, B, C, etc.? I have all this batch scripted and would like to keep it that way, and I think I see how to do this from the documentation. Thanks,

Karl

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Karl Lerud Jun 15, 2021
Karl Lerud Jun 23, 2021
RE: Mixed effects model for repeated subjects?
Karl Lerud Jul 23, 2021
Karl Lerud Jul 26, 2021
Karl Lerud Jul 26, 2021
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jul 26, 2021
Karl Lerud Jul 27, 2021
Karl Lerud Jul 29, 2021
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jul 29, 2021
Karl Lerud Aug 4, 2021
Karl Lerud Aug 20, 2021