help > RE: NBS-NBR tool
Dec 16, 2021  11:12 PM | Andrew Zalesky
RE: NBS-NBR tool
Hi Annalisa

You may want to contact the developer of NBR, Zeus Gracia: zgtabuenca@comunidad.unam.mx

For NBS, I can assure you that component sizes are measured based on edges, not nodes. 

It is however feasible to measure size based on nodes and this may be the strategy used in NBR (need to check with Zeus). 

Apologies for not being able to provide a more helpful response, but hopefully Zeus can add some clarity. 

best, 
Andrew
Originally posted by Annalisa Lella:
Thanks so much for your reply.

I got different results. I can easly manipulate the contrasts in the NBS package but I can't do the same in the NBR package so I thought that this is the reason of such a huge difference. Is it possibile?

From the NBR package I got different components and each element of the component is an edge. Indeed I get the coordinates of each edge. That's clear. On the other hand, from NBS I get a T.max and the components: each components has a different number of what I think are nodes because of this part of the scripts:

clusts <- components(graph_from_adjacency_matrix(T.max[, , j], diag=FALSE,
mode='undirected', weighted=TRUE)).

So if I insert here the output T.max I get the components and a vector of nodes called "membership" which says in which component each node is placed. Indeed the number of nodes associated to a components correspond to the output of the NBS. That's why I think that the components in NBS are based on nodes. Where am I wrong? I attached you a file so I can explain myself better! Thanks so much for your help. I really want to understand it. 

Thanks,
Annalisa

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Annalisa Lella Dec 15, 2021
Andrew Zalesky Dec 15, 2021
Annalisa Lella Dec 15, 2021
RE: NBS-NBR tool
Andrew Zalesky Dec 16, 2021
Andrew Zalesky Dec 17, 2021
Andrew Zalesky Dec 21, 2021