help > RE: Functional data not found after preprocessing
Jan 19, 2023  08:01 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Functional data not found after preprocessing
Dear Cheslie,

Not sure about this one but it seems like an issue with the labels in one of your secondary datasets. Could you please try running the following in Matlab command-line and copy/pasting the output to see if that helps me better understand what may have happened?:

d=conn('get','Setup.secondarydataset');
for n=1:numel(d)
   disp(n);
   disp(d(n));
end

Thanks
Alfonso

Originally posted by Cheslie Klein:
Dear Alfonso, dear conn community,

After running all preprocessing steps, it seems that the functional data are no longer found. I imported a BIDS data set into CONN without errors and ran the default preprocessing pipeline via the GUI (on Slurm). Most preprocessing steps/jobs finished successfully, only the smoothing step encountered some errors and I canceled the remaining jobs. Now the functional data are no longer displayed in the GUI (but the structural data are), I cannot rerun the remaining preprocessing step and receive an "Error using regexprep" (see for full error below). I imported the data set again which finished without errors, but the functional data are still not displayed and I get the same error. This is not the first time I have had to cancel jobs (due to exceeding the time limit), but this has never happened before.

I am new to CONN, but I hope I have provided all the relevant information. Please let me know if not!

Thanks in advance

Cheslie

ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Error using regexprep
The 'STRING' input must be either a char row vector, a cell array of char row vectors, or a string
array.
Error in conn>@(n)sprintf('secondary dataset #%d %s',n,regexprep(CONN_x.Setup.secondarydataset(n).label,'(.+)','($1)')) (line 2090)
CONN_h.menus.m_setup_00{7}=conn_menu('popupbigblue',boffset+[.20,.76,.43,.05],'',[{'primary dataset'},arrayfun(@(n)sprintf('secondary dataset #%d %s',n,regexprep(CONN_x.Setup.secondarydataset(n).label,'(.+)','($1)')),1:numel(CONN_x.Setup.secondarydataset),'uni',0),newdelete],'Manage multiple versions of your functional data
- select the dataset that you wish to edit, or new/move/label/delete to manage the current list of datasets
Primary dataset: (mandatory) source of functional data, defining voxel-level BOLD timeseries.
Secondary datasets: (optional) may be used as alternative sources to compute ROI-level BOLD timeseres (e.g. for ROIs defined in other spaces; see Setup.ROIs tab).
Secondary datasets that are not explicitly selected by any ROI will be simply disregarded by CONN''s Setup/Denoising/Analysis pipeline
additional information:
Always enter your main/primary functional data as primary dataset
Secondary datasets (secondary dataset #1 and above) may be defined as a way of keeping track of (and easily switching between) alternative versions of your functional
data (e.g. an original dataset before all preprocessing steps, and a fully preprocessed smoothed MNI-space dataset). Secondary datasets may also be used, in conjunction
with dataset-specific ROIs, as a way of using in the same CONN project different types of ROIs (e.g. subject-space ROIs and MNI-space ROIs)
Example1 (MNI-space analyses): Primary dataset: MNI-space spatially-smoothed data; Secondary dataset #1: MNI-space raw (non-smoothed) data
Example2 (surface-based analyses): Primary dataset: subject-space raw data; Secondary dataset #1: MNI-space raw (non-smoothed) data (to be used with MNI-space ROIs)','conn(''gui_setup'',7);');

Error in conn (line 1982)
[varargout{1:nargout}]=conn('gui_setup',varargin{3:end});
Error in conn_menumanager (line 121)
feval(CONN_MM.MENU{n0}.callback{n1}{1},CONN_MM.MENU{n0}.callback{n1}{2:end});
CONN21.a
SPM12 + Anatomy DAiSS DEM FieldMap MEEGtools TFCE Variability cat12 conn hmri marsbar pTFCE swe xjview
Matlab v.2022b
project: CONN21.a
storage: 8336.1Gb available

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Cheslie Klein Jan 16, 2023
RE: Functional data not found after preprocessing
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Jan 19, 2023
Cheslie Klein Jan 20, 2023
Cheslie Klein Jan 19, 2023