[Camino-users] question re interpolated tractography

Philip A Cook cookpa at mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 14 08:18:45 PDT 2012

Hi Michael,

In the algorithms currently implemented, the curvature threshold is related to the slice thickness of the data (the z dimension). So if your slice thickness is 2mm, the curvature is evaluated every 2mm, approximately. If you are tracking with a step size of .2 mm, then your curvature will be tested once every 10 steps. With FACT, the displacement per step can vary according to how much of the voxel you traverse, so it is less precise but it should be approximately the same if you have isotropic voxels.

Phil