[dmritool-discussion] Paraview help

Jian Cheng jian.cheng.1983 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 20:09:45 PDT 2015

Hi Nagesh,

Please check the data formats supported in paraview.
http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Data_formats
Paraview originally can visualize vtk files.
For the GFA map which is in nifti format, paraview can also visualize it
when you enable the AnalyzeNiftiIO plugin.
You can enable it by clicking "Tools" -> "Manage Plugins" ->
"AnalyzeNiftiIO".  Note that it supports *.nii file, but not *.nii.gz
file, and you may need to set the origin manually in paraview such that
the gfa map can be visualized in the same coordinate as the EAP profile
in vtk format.
You can also enable other useful plugins, e.g. "quadview".

Thanks for your feedback. I will add more explanation on it to the
documentation.

best,
Jian Cheng