[dmritool-discussion] DMRITool Installation error.

Amanda Simon ams2778 at med.cornell.edu
Fri Jan 8 00:53:59 EST 2021

Hello there,

I hope all is well. I am a PhD Student at Weill Cornell Medical College. I am working on a project where I am analyzing ex-vivo mouse diffusion MRI data to characterize structural connectivity differences between our control and TBI animals. My collaborator suggested using Director Field Analysis as specified in your paper, "Director Field Analysis (DFA): exploring local white matter geometric structure in diffusion MRI" in addition to our calculations of mean FA and diffusivity.

So I am trying to download DMRITool on my Macbook Pro (running macOS Mojave 10.14.6) and do just that, but when I enter the command 'make' in terminal while building the DMRITool source, I get the following error message:

[  7%] Built target exprtk

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `Modules/Common/test/GENERATECLP_EXE-NOTFOUND', needed by `Modules/Common/test/itkUnaryFunctorVectorImageFilterTestCLP.h'.  Stop.

make[1]: *** [Modules/Common/test/CMakeFiles/itkUnaryFunctorVectorImageFilterTest.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

I am still very new to compiling packages with CMake, but I'm sure the GENERATECLP_EXE path that I have listed here when I type 'ccmake ../dmritool' is incorrect. But I have no idea what the correct path should be:

                                                     Page 1 of 3

 BUILD_DOXYGEN_DOCUMENTATION      OFF

 BUILD_QT_APPLICATIONS            OFF

 BUILD_SHARED_LIBS                ON

 BUILD_STATIC_EXECUTABLES         OFF

 BUILD_TESTING                    ON

 Boost_INCLUDE_DIR                /usr/local/include

 Boost_SERIALIZATION_LIBRARY_RE   /usr/local/lib/libboost_serialization-mt.dyli

 CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE                 Release

 CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_FORMAT          MACHO

 CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX             /usr/local

 CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES

 CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET      10.14

 CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT                /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Pl

 DMRITOOL_USE_FASTLAPACK          OFF

 DMRITOOL_USE_MKL                 OFF

 DMRITOOL_USE_OPENMP              OFF

 DMRITOOL_WRAP_MATLAB             OFF

 GENERATECLP_EXE                  /Users/amandasimon/SlicerExecutionModel-build

Can you tell me what path I should have listed for GENERATECLP_EXE? Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. And please let me know if you need any more informatiOOLon from me!

Best,
Amanda Simon

Amanda Simon
Pronouns: she/her/hers