[Mrtrix-discussion] streamtrack- how to reduce calculation time

Donald Tournier d.tournier at brain.org.au
Tue May 5 23:51:36 PDT 2009

Hi Vinod,

Almost 6 millions tracks generated! No wonder that took a while...

Apart from running on a faster computer (i.e. multi-core), the simplest way
to get the tracking to run faster is to use a more targeted seed ROI, to
increase the proportion of tracks that actually reach the intended
destination. If you're already using a very focused ROI, then maybe the fact
that you are getting 1 in 5000 tracks to reach your target ROI is telling
you that the tract is a very low probability one... Maybe your seed region
is a bit off?

And running on a grid computer sounds like it's not going to work. The
software is multithreaded, and will run on a multi-core system, but not on a
distributed network cluster - it's a very different type of architecture...

Not sure if that helps...

Cheers!

Donald.

--
Jacques-Donald Tournier (PhD)
Brain Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia