[Mrtrix-discussion] Number of tracks

Luis Morís luis.moris.fernandez at gmail.com
Wed May 11 07:39:26 PDT 2011

Hi again,

Thanks for your quick answer René.

My data is 31 directions  with b=1000. The point is that no matter how
much fibers I put in the -number parameter, it always finds enough
fibers even a couple millions fibres. Previously I was working with
Medinria and I had around 30000 fibres because seeding was dependant
on resolution, one seed per voxel.

My parameters are FA cutoff 0.3 and initcutoff 0.6 min and max length
10 and 200 mm respectively, at the moment I'm doing a whole brain
seeding. My problem is how to set this number of tracks. If I use a
-number of let's say a hundred thousand, will I have a nice
distribution of tracks that will be representantive of the brain's
track population?

Thanks in advance,

Luis.