[Mrtrix-discussion] memmory-mapping failed massega

Donald Tournier d.tournier at brain.org.au
Sun Oct 2 18:01:02 PDT 2011

Hi Danilo,

This is really strange, given that the same code works on the same OS
running under a different virtual machine... The only reason for the memory
mapping to fail with this particular error is that the file size is too big
- all other reasons would also cause problems on other systems. How big are
the files that you're trying to load or generate? Can you increase the
amount of memory reserved for the virtual machine?

Otherwise, other suggestions are to post the output of the command when
running with the -debug option, and also post the output of "mrinfo
DWIecc.nii" so we can check the original file size & parameters.

As a last option, you could just wait a little until I release the next
version of MRtrix (soon), which will include instructions for compiling
natively on MacOS X...

Cheers,

Donald.

--
Jacques-Donald Tournier (PhD)
Brain Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia