[Mrtrix-discussion] streamtrack hanging

Donald Tournier d.tournier at brain.org.au
Wed Oct 5 16:24:15 PDT 2011

Hi Luis,

I have seen strange behaviour like this before, in my case it was due to the
fact that none of the tracks generated met the criteria for inclusion. The
progress status line is only refreshed when a track is accepted, so if no
tracks are accepted the program appears to hang. Your case seems stranger
though, if you say the tracking proceeds in some cases and hangs half-way
through. I honestly don't know what could cause that...

So I'm not sure what's going on in your case, but if it's due to no tracks
being accepted, I'd suggest you try setting -cutoff, -initcutoff,
-minlength, and -curvature all to zero, and see if you get anything. If your
problem is still present, and the tracking genuinely does sometimes produce
some tracks and then hangs, I'm at a loss to explain it. The only thing I
can think of is that you might be running out of storage space...? Not sure
what the program would do in this case, I've never had that problem...

Another remote possibility is some strange problem with linux handling your
external storage device, which I notice you seem to be using. Maybe have a
look at the system logs (e.g. "less /var/log/messages") might provide a
clue.

If none of my suggestions are correct, the only way forward might be for you
to send me the file and the relevant command, and I'll see if I can debug it
when/if I have a spare minute...

Cheers,

Donald.

--
Jacques-Donald Tournier (PhD)
Brain Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia