[Mrtrix-discussion] Update and version checking / orientation plot

Donald Tournier d.tournier at brain.org.au
Mon Feb 27 22:46:46 PST 2012

Hi Markus,

To check the running version, run any MRtrix command with the -version
option. e.g.:
$ mrview -version

Or in MRView, click on Help->About.

Otherwise, the orientation plot overlay was a tricky one to get working on
Mac, so may well have issues. That said, I just checked it on a Snow
Leopard system, and it works fine there.

On the other hand, there are a couple of other reasons why it might not
work. One is that it will not work when the "Image->Lock to image axes"
option is unticked - it's hard to figure out how to regrid the FODs when
off-axis, so I've simply disabled it. The other reason could be that the
'progressive' option of the orientation plot overlay does not work on the
Mac version, so make sure it is unticked. If neither of these is the
culprit, then I'll have to investigate further, but it'll be a while before
I get round to it.

Cheers,

Donald.

--
Jacques-Donald Tournier (PhD)
Brain Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia