[Mrtrix-discussion] Maximum track length using streamtrack

Robert Smith r.smith at brain.org.au
Sun Jan 8 16:20:48 PST 2012

Thijs

Nice pickup; indeed yes, the tracking is allowing streamlines to continue
up to the specified maximum length in either direction from the seed, such
that it is possible for streamlines to be generated which are up to twice
the 'maximum' length.

If you want to enforce your specified maximum length as a constraint upon
the entire streamline rather than each unidirectional half-streamline, the
easiest fix is as follows (in reference to the 0.2.9 code):
* in src/dwi/tractography/tracker/base.h, line 61:

bool set (const Point& seed, const Point& seed_dir = Point::Invalid) {
pos = seed; num_points = 0; return (init_direction (seed_dir)); }

change to:

bool set (const Point& seed, const Point& seed_dir = Point::Invalid) {
pos = seed; return (init_direction (seed_dir)); }

* in src/dwi/tractography/tracker/base.cpp, line 115:

void Base::new_seed (const Point& seed_dir)

At the start of this function (around line 117), insert this line:

num_points = 0;

I will see about making this the default behavior for the next MRtrix
release.

Regards
Rob

--