[Mrtrix-discussion] importing data from seimens machine

Donald Tournier d.tournier at brain.org.au
Mon Nov 12 20:17:40 PST 2012

Hi Rakesh,

Yes, the DW directions in Skyra data are stored under a different tag than
they used to. On top of that, if you sent your images out from the Skyra
through a Syngo.Via server, there's a chance the DW directions would have
disappeared from the DICOM headers altogether (we certainly have a few
datasets affected by this). This last problem has since been fixed, but it
could be the reason why you're having trouble.

In any case, I recently submitted a patch to the mailing list (
http://www.nitrc.org/pipermail/mrtrix-discussion/2012-October/000567.html)
which should allow you to handle these new data. Since the text of that
message seems to have mysteriously disappeared from the archives, here are
the instructions on how to install the patch from that message:

*$ cd mrtrix*
*$ tar xvfj mrtrix-0.2.10_DICOM_multiframe_patch.tar.bz2 *
*$ ./build clean*
*$ ./build*
*$ sudo ./build install*

Hope that sorts out the problem.
Cheers,

Donald.

--
*Dr Jacques-Donald Tournier
*

The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
Melbourne Brain Centre - Austin Campus
245 Burgundy Street
Heidelberg  Vic  3084
Ph:  +61 3 9035 7033