[Mrtrix-discussion] connectivity matrix

romain valabregue romain.valabregue at upmc.fr
Fri Jul 5 04:44:37 PDT 2013

Dear all

I need to generate a connectivity matrix between all freesurfer cortical
region (~150 region).
I mad a large streamtrack from the white matter and I need then to
filter the track to count how many track pass through each pair of
region. (Ideally I would take the mean FA in the track between two regions)

The first simple solution is to make a big for loop over the 150*150/2
corticals pairs. and write the 11250 tracks on the hard drive in order
to compute the connectivity (mean FA or nomber of track)

This will take a lot of time and disque place compare to a solution that
filter once the track and fill out the connectivity matrix in one shot.
Is there an option in mrtrix similar to --omatrix1 of probtrackx2 in fsl ?
any other tricky way to do this ?

Many thanks

Romain