[Mrtrix-discussion] introduction to mrtrix

Donald Tournier d.tournier at brain.org.au
Mon Mar 11 22:17:42 PDT 2013

Hi Andrew,

I guess the best place to start would be the MRtrix
documentation<http://www.brain.org.au/software/mrtrix/>.
If you're not familiar with diffusion MRI, you might want to have a read of
our review article on the topic (Tournier, Mori & Leemans,
2011<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21469191>).
The technical details of how MRtrix works are mostly covered in our MRtrix
paper (Tournier, Calamante & Connelly,
2012<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ima.22005/abstract>).
These and other relevant references are listed in the appropriate section
of the online MRtrix documentation. Otherwise, the only thing I'd recommend
before starting to use MRtrix is to get familiar with Unix/Linux and the
command-line...

Hope this helps.
Cheers,

Donald.

--
*Dr Jacques-Donald Tournier
*

The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
Melbourne Brain Centre - Austin Campus
245 Burgundy Street
Heidelberg  Vic  3084
Ph:  +61 3 9035 7033