[Mrtrix-discussion] Motion correction best practise

romain valabregue romain.valabregue at upmc.fr
Tue Nov 19 01:20:05 PST 2013

Hello,

the artefact added with eddy_correct is more pronounce for high bvalue
(3000) with 1000 or 1500 it should go better
For the bvec correction it is a tiny effect so it does not matter that
much, (that's why it is not in there priority list), if you run
eddy_correct you can use the extra script fdt_rotate_bvecs

The eddy procedure is much better : this is mainly because in addition
to motion it also correct the distorsion due to eddy current. (and also
EPI distorsion with topup). The main limitation is that it require a
specific acquisition (either the direction have to be over the all
sphere or you need each direction with direct and oposite phase
direction), but It worth to change your dwi acquisition.

I hope it helps

Romain