[Mrtrix-discussion] quiet not being quiet

Luis Concha lconcha at unam.mx
Tue Sep 10 12:12:34 PDT 2013

Hello mrtrixers.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but when I issue a streamtrack command
with the -quiet switch, I am still getting a progress report on the
terminal. The problem is that when piping to a file, the resulting file
size can be quite large.

I have no problems with the -quiet switch in tracks2prob, or mrmult, for
example. Below is the version of streamtrack and other relevant info.

Any ideas will be most welcome. Thanks.

$ streamtrack -version
streamtrack 0.2.11 (revision 362)
  Author: J-Donald Tournier (d.tournier at brain.org.au)
  Copyright 2008 Brain Research Institute, Melbourne, Australia
  using MRtrix 0.2.11, glib 2.32.3, GSL 1.15 (build Nov  7 2012)

Dr. Luis Concha
Instituto de Neurobiología
Laboratorio C-13
UNAM, Campus Juriquilla