[Mrtrix-discussion] display peaks vector in FSL

Yonghui Li lyh710 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 19:26:57 PDT 2013

Dear all,

We used find_SH_peaks to generate peaks vectors (default 3), which was all good. Now we want to put these vectors into FSL for display (for example in RGB line style). We expect the largest vector detected by find_SH_peaks should be consistent with main Eigenvector (V1) from FSL based on tensor model calculation. However, the display indicated otherwise.

We believe it is not the calculation that went wrong, but somehow Mrtrix and FSL handle the "directions" of vector differently.

We browse through the archive but can not find any solid solution for this topic. It will be highly appreciated if someone can kindly help us out. We tried mrconvert the output from find_SH_peaks before send it into FSL, but that does not work out. Anything we can make the vector generated from find_SH_peaks correctly read by FSLView, particularly for the RGB line style?

Look forward to your help and many thanks in advance!

Yonghui Li