[Mrtrix-discussion] confused with install on ubuntu 12.04.

Markus Gschwind markus.gschwind at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 06:20:08 PST 2014

Dear Donald and others,

I tried to install mrtrix on a machine running Ubuntu 12.04.

Following the recommendations, I found the installation instructions here:
http://neuro.debian.net/install_pkg.html?p=mrtrix
using the single command:

sudo apt-get install mrtrix

I am now not sure If I need to proceed with the build step as usual.

It seems that mrview already works, however, the installation doesn't seem
complete... especially I do not know where the mrtrix package is now...

~$ which mrview
/usr/bin/mrview

and
~$ ls /usr/bin/mr*
/usr/bin/mrd  /usr/bin/mren  /usr/bin/mrview

Could you give me some advice how to test and how to complete this
installation, please?

Thank you so much!!
Kind regards,
Markus