[Mrtrix-discussion] FA vs. AFD/HMOA

David Raffelt d.raffelt at brain.org.au
Tue May 6 18:26:58 PDT 2014

Hi Dorian,
Sounds like a good idea to me. You could do this in a tract-specific way
(keeping in mind this previous
discussion<http://www.nitrc.org/pipermail/mrtrix-discussion/2014-March/000926.html>on
how to generate a tract-specific AFD measure).

I'm guessing when you say VBM, you mean voxel-based *analysis *(VBA)? I
know historically some papers
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15907311>have used VBM to refer to
voxel-wise FA analysis. However, personally I
prefer to reserve VBM for studies investigating morphometry using T1
segmentations, and use VBA for whole-brain voxel-wise studies in general.

In terms of voxel-based analysis and correlations with AFD, we have a
method to do this (see the attached ISMRM abstract from last year).

Unfortunately this stats software (which we have renamed to
connectivity-based fixel enhancement) won't be released in MRtrix for a few
months. I'm currently still running experiments to identify optimal
parameters and writing the paper.

Hope this helps,
Dave

--
*David Raffelt (PhD)*
Post Doctoral Fellow

The Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health
Melbourne Brain Centre - Austin Campus
245 Burgundy Street
Heidelberg Vic 3084
Ph: +61 3 9035 7024