[Mrtrix-discussion] Facial Nerve Tractography

Ivan Alvarez ivan.alvarez.11 at ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 24 03:06:29 PDT 2015

Hi Matthieu,

This mailing list has been largely superseded by a Google+ page here:
https://plus.google.com/communities/111072048088633408015

Also, if you would like some advice from the community I would recommend
including the following details in your post: 1) what exact structure
are you attempting to track? A particular branch of the facial nerve, or
the whole thing? 2) what method are you using? (tracking algorithm,
seed/waypoint ROIs, location), 3) what dMRI acquisition are you using?
(resolution, b values, etc.) and most importantly, 4) what makes you say
the results are not convincing? in other words, what's going wrong?

Also, since you're writing here I'll guess you are using MRtrix2, rather
than the newer version (https://github.com/jdtournier/mrtrix3), so it's
worth pointing that out too. Some extra detail would make it easier for
the experts to point you in the right direction. Good luck!

Kind regards,
Ivan Alvarez

PhD Candidate
Imaging and Biophysics Unit