[Mrtrix-discussion] problems using mrview under OS X Yosemite

Svenja Caspers s.caspers at fz-juelich.de
Tue Mar 31 08:46:43 PDT 2015

Hey,
I just updated my Mac to OS X 10.10 Yosemite. Luckily, all mrtrix commands (version 0.2.11) still work. Unfortunately, the mrview-command crashes, with the following error:

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.keVt6g0xsf/org.macosforge.xquartz:0

After the upgrade to Yosemite, I had to re-install Xquartz which seems to work quite decent (at least it opens, also when using Xnest or Xephyr). Not with mrview, though.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?
Any idea is very much appreciated, thank you very much in advance!
Best regards,
Svenja

--
Priv.-Doz. Dr. med. Dr. rer. pol. Svenja Caspers
Institut für Neurowissenschaften und Medizin (INM-1)

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
Prof. Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt