[Repronim-training-2017] [ReproNim SFN workshop] Instructions for installing docker

Satrajit Ghosh satra at mit.edu
Wed Nov 1 19:44:34 PDT 2017

Dear Attendees of the SFN 2017 ReproNim Workshop,

In order to participate in some hands-on exercises during the first day of
the ReproNim training event, we would like you to install Docker on your
computer. Here are instructions to install Docker on three different
operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, and Linux).

https://neurohackweek.github.io/nhw2017/setup/#docker

After you have installed Docker, please open the Docker shell (Windows) or
terminal (Mac OS and Linux) and execute the following command:

docker pull satra/sfn-17:0.5

---

We will also hold online *office hours on Friday Nov 3rd and Mon Nov 6th*
to help users with installing Docker if they are unable to do so by
themselves.

Office hours: 9am - 10am EST and 2pm - 3pm EST

You can reach us on the repronim-training slack channel.

Instructions to join the Slack channel:

   1.

   Click on our main workspace link:
   https://brainhack-slack-invite.herokuapp.com/
   2.

   You'll see a Slack success message from Brainhack directing you to check
   your email
   3.

   The email will include an invitation with a JOIN NOW button if you're
   not already a Slack member.
   4.

   Once registered, select the I AGREE button,
   5.

   Then, select the EXPLORE Slack button and type something in so they know
   you're not a bot.
   6.

   Enter in the upper right SEARCH box, our channel name
   "#repronim-training".
   7.

   Find the small clickable link titled JUMP, and once you click on it
   you'll see the #repronim-training channel pop up on the left hand menu.
   8.

   Select Join Channel and you're in!