[Camino-users] Problem with installing Camino on Windows 10 and running on Linux

Cook, Philip cookpa at pennmedicine.upenn.edu
Mon Mar 5 14:56:51 PST 2018

Hi,

I can't help much with Windows compilation.

Regarding memory use, you can set the maximum allowed heap size for Java by doing

  export CAMINO_HEAP_SIZE=10240

where the number is in megabytes, so the above requests 10Gb of RAM. If your machine won't support this, it will return immediately with an error. Camino uses double-precision for most floating point operations, and this can be a problem for large data sets.

If the data is so large it cannot be held in memory, you would need to split it up. If you can split the 4D data into a bunch of 3D image files, you can use image2voxel to stream these into dtfit. This should require less memory.