[Mrtrix-discussion] "shbasis -convert" produces corrupted NIfTI

Ulrike Kuhl kuhl at cbs.mpg.de
Mon Dec 15 04:31:22 PST 2014

Dear MRtrix Team,

First of all thank you for your great tools - they have been of great help to me during my tractography analysis so far. However, I've encountered a problem when trying to convert the SH basis of my CSD data computed with MRTrix 0.2 to the MRTrix3 version.
As I eventually want to use SIFT implemented in MRTrix3, I followed the instructions in the wiki in order to convert the SH basis. Everything appears to work fine when running the 'shbasis -convert native' command (no warnings let alone error messages).
However, I cannot use the resulting converted data as the NifTI format is not recognized anymore.
Calling 'mrview' results in:

mrview: image "./my_CSD.nii.gz" is not in NIfTI format (magic != "n+1\0")
mrview: error opening image "my_CSD.nii.gz"

Likewise I cannot open the resulting image in a differen viewer like fslview.

This occurs when using the 'native' as well as the 'forced_oldtonew' choice.
Did you come across this problem before and do you have a suggestion on how to overcome this issue?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best
Ulrike

--
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences
Department of Neuropsychology (A220)

Phone: +49 (0) 341 9940 2586
Mail: kuhl at cbs.mpg.de
Internet: http://www.cbs.mpg.de/staff/kuhl-12160