[Mrtrix-discussion] question about CSD

Olivier.Salvado at csiro.au Olivier.Salvado at csiro.au
Sun Jan 17 20:46:00 PST 2010

Randal Moldrich ([r.moldrich at uq.edu.au]) of QBI at UQ did a study to investigate the sensitivity of tractography to different parameters including resolution and anisotropy I think. He presented to the Brisbane Imaging group a few months ago. This was the abstract of his talk:

Tomorrow's seminar will be given by Randal Moldrich of QBI

Title:
Accelerating diffusion-weighted imaging for ex vivo studies of mouse
brain

Abstract:
High-field strength magnets, high angular resolution diffusion
imaging
and multi-vector tracking models have greatly advanced our
visualisation of white matter tracts in the human and mouse brain.
For
imaging mouse models of human disease, there remain three technical
challenges: tractography modelling, acquisition time, and generation
of diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) in vivo. At present we are
assessing encoding and other acceleration options for reducing spin
echo DWI acquisition time, including resolution, partial Fourier
transform and zero filling. We are validating the acceleration
protocols using adult mice deficient for the cortical patterning
gene
Fgf17, which have subtly reduced frontocortical projections.

The seminar will be held at 11am in the Level 7 seminar room, QBI, St
Lucia campus. All welcome.

Olivier
Olivier Salvado, PhD
Group  Leader | Biomedical Imaging
ICT, The Australian e-Health Research Centre
CSIRO
Phone: +61 7 3253 3658 | Mobile: +61 4 03 88 22 49
olivier.salvado at csiro.au | www.csiro.au | http://www.aehrc.com/biomedical_imaging/
Address: level 5 UQ Health Science Building 901/16 UQCCR building, Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital, Herston, QLD, 4029

PLEASE NOTE
The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged. Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.