[Mrtrix-discussion] question about CSD

Michael Zeineh mmzeineh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 21:00:18 PST 2010

The reason you think it would be better through plane is what ... Better SNR
(I would think SNR just depends on overall voxel size)? Less eigenvector
error for some other reason?

Let me pose it more specifically. Say our in-plane resolution is say 1mm,
and our thru plane resolution is 5mm. Let us say the white matter structure
has detail along two but not three of its dimensions that could not be
resolved at 5mm resolution but could be resolved at 1mm resolution. Along
the third dimension, it could be resolved at lower resolution. In this case,
one would definitely want the orientation such that the two dimensions
requiring the resolution are the in-plane orientation with higher
resolution, I would think.

Olivier, it would be great to get the insight from the talk if this issue
was addressed.