[Mrtrix-discussion] how to read the track information

Robert Smith r.smith at brain.org.au
Mon Oct 24 23:13:43 PDT 2011

Hi Yu,

The command tracks2prob in the current version of MRtrix can only generate
standard TDI images. The more general track-weighted images shown in the
recent NeuroImage paper were generated using in-house software, which is
unfortunately not compatible with the current version of MRtrix, but we hope
to release it as part of the next major revision of MRtrix.

If you are eager to generate these images yourself, it should be possible to
code yourself in MRtrix (making use of the classes provided), or in Matlab
using the function provided
here<http://www.nitrc.org/pipermail/mrtrix-discussion/2010-March/000122.html>to
read the track data. The additional information (such as FA) is not
stored within the MRtrix track file format; in our implementation, we read
the values along the length of each streamline from a scalar image, and draw
the relevant statistic (such as the mean) from these samples.

Best regards
Rob

--

Robert Smith