[Mrtrix-discussion] MRtrix gradient table

Donald Tournier jdtournier at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:40:46 PDT 2014

Hi Koji,

Seems fine to me. The transform matrix is essentially a 3x3 rotation matrix
(the top-left part), and a translation vector (the right column). You can
ignore the bottom row. This basically says you have a pure axial
acquisition (rotation matrix is identity), with the bottom left pixel in
your image volume centred [ -1.12 -0.26 0.27 ] mm away from the isocentre
of your scanner. Given that this is a small animal system, the fact that
your translation vector is so much smaller than in our example simply
reflects the much smaller FoV in your data.

Cheers,
Donald.

--
*Dr J-Donald Tournier (PhD)*

*Senior Lecturer, **Biomedical Engineering*

*Division of Imaging Sciences & Biomedical EngineeringKing's College London*