[Mrtrix-discussion] CSD

Donald Tournier jdtournier at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 10:29:23 PDT 2014

Hi Ralf,

I'm assuming you're talking about the stable version of MRtrix (the 0.2.x
branch)? If so:

> 1. Is there a way to have a selected ODF in values, angles or something?
Would be interesting to see or compare!

I'm not sure what you mean by that exactly. You can use find_SH_peaks to
get the vectors corresponding to the fODF peaks (scaled by their
amplitude), maybe this is what you're after?

> 2. What does MRViewer do if you overlay DWI over anatomie? Is it
interpolating the DWI or the Anatomie or something in between?

Both images are interpolated, unless you  explicitly turn it off AND 'lock
to image axes' is on (the default), in which case the main image is not
interpolated. The overlay image is always interpolated, but if both images
align exactly, then the interpolation has negligible effect.

> 3. Is there a way to do the TDI for the Gray matter? I set the thresgold
for the FA Map very low, but its not enough I guess!

There is no FA threshold with streamtrack unless you use the DT_STREAM
algorithm, which isn't recommended for TDI (actually, it isn't recommended
under any circumstances). If you set the cutoff sufficiently low, you
should be able to track through these regions, although how good the
results are will depend very much on how good your data are, these regions
are really noisy at best... So not too sure why you would have trouble with
that, unless 'setting the FA threshold' is a different operation from what
I think it is... ?

Cheers,
Donald a