[Mrtrix-discussion] MRview MRTrix 3 CSD

Donald Tournier jdtournier at gmail.com
Tue May 27 00:37:00 PDT 2014

Hi Ralf,

Currently it's not possible to view the FODs in volume render mode - I
couldn't think of a way of rendering such a massive amount of information
as a volume render - it's hard enough to absorb all that information in
single-slice mode... The only sensible way to do it would be to render the
FODs on the clip planes, but then it doesn't really add much to the normal
single-slice mode anyway...

And yes, of course it's possible to display the MRtrix3 generated FODs in
the new viewer - although only in single-slice or ortho view. You can still
display the MRtrix 0.2 FODs, but they will be subtly wrong since the
definition of the SH basis has changed slightly. You really need to watch
out for that, the difference is so subtle that I can't tell which is which
by eye - you need to use the shbasis app for this. Now that I think about
it, I might need to emphasise this more strongly on the wiki...

Cheers,
Donald

--
Dr J-Donald Tournier (PhD)

Senior Lecturer, Biomedical Engineering
Division of Imaging Sciences & Biomedical Engineering
King's College London