[Mrtrix-discussion] CSD optimal lmax value

Supreet kaur ksupreet6 at gmail.com
Tue May 27 07:32:36 PDT 2014

Dear MRtrix users,

As I'm new user of MRtrix software. I am processing the neonatal DTI data
which was acquired with 30 gradient directions and b value of 0 mm/s.

I've used the lmax = 6 for the response function coefficient (since we have
30 gradient directions).

For the CSD computation, I've used the lmax of 8 (as its recommended for
most DWI datasets as per the instructions on the webpage:
http://www.brain.org.au/software/mrtrix/tractography/preprocess.html

So I was wondering what would be the optimal lmax value for the CSD for our
neonatal dataset? As our dataset is a 30 gradient DTI not HARDI high
resolution DWI data.

I'll appreciate your feedback on this.

Thanks in Advance,

Sincerely,