indi > password to decrypt PRIME-DE datasets
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Aug 22, 2023  02:08 PM | Ilaria Sani
password to decrypt PRIME-DE datasets

Dear INDI administrators,

I am member of 1000 Functional Connectomes Project & FCP/INDI PRIVATE SITE.

I successfully downloaded a dataset of interest (http://fcon_1000.projects.nitrc.org/indi/UWMadisondownloads.html).

When I try to decrypt data (using openssl aes-256-cbc -d -a -in [file].tar.gz -out $outfile), I am asked for the password.

As per decrypting instructions ‘* - Files are encrypted and require the either communication with the principal investigators or completion of a data usage agreement for the decryption password. See collection page for more information

This dataset is under:

Creative Commons – Attribution-NonCommercial Share Alike (CC-BY-NC-SA). Standard INDI data sharing policy.

How do I complete the data a data usage agreement to obtain the decryption password?

I looked at other datasets from the PRIME-DE collection, but they seem to be working similarly.

Do I need to contact every author individually?

Thank you  in advance for your kind reply.

Best,

Ilaria

Sep 6, 2023  05:09 PM | Alexandre Franco - Child Mind Institute and Nathan Kline Institute
RE: password to decrypt PRIME-DE datasets

Hello Ilaria, 

We apologize for the confusion. The data from UWMadison is actually not encrypted. You can use your preferred tool to directly decompress the files. No need to use openssl. 

We have just updated the page for UWMadison and removed the instructions to decrypt the data. 

Let us know if you run into any other issues. 

Best, 

Alex