help > Parameterization
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jan 27, 2012  01:01 AM | pauline maillard
Parameterization
Hi,
I have some troubles with the parameterization step. I've imported my data, used the "In-house Topology Fix", checked visually the resulting xxx_fix.mat (see attached) and everything looks ok. Hoever, when I run the next step (parameterization), i have the following message in Matlab:

ParamCALD
1-100_112299_HIP1_obj: +4 = 2402 (2402) vertices * 2 - 4800 faces; 7200 edges
after pca min_max_number: 1 1
Solving simultaneous Linear Equations for latitude ...
Solving simultaneous Linear Equations for longitude ...
North Pole : 02376 (0.000000, -0.500000) pi
South Pole : 00003 (0.000000, 0.500000) pi
??? Error using ==> sprintf
Function is not defined for sparse inputs.

Error in ==> initParamCALD>locate_landmarks at 522
disp(sprintf('East Center: %05d (%f, %f) pi',east,theta(east)/pi,phi(east)/pi));

Error in ==> initParamCALD>init_param_wt at 444
landmarks = locate_landmarks(theta,phi,landmarks);

Error in ==> initParamCALD at 104
[verts1,landmarks,dateline] = init_param_wt(vertices,faces,WAM,AM,poles,direct2nd); % initial parameterization

Error in ==> SpharmMatParamTriaMesh at 51
[sph_verts, name3] = initParamCALD(vertices, faces, name2, confs);

Error in ==> SpharmMatParameterization at 48
[vertices_new, faces_new, sph_verts_new, outNames{end+1}] = SpharmMatParamTriaMesh(file, confs);

Error in ==> SPHARM_MAT>RunTag_Callback at 601
SpharmMatParameterization(handles.userdata.ParamCALD, handles.userdata.inObjs, 'ParamCALD');

Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 96
feval(varargin{:});

Error in ==> SPHARM_MAT at 70
gui_mainfcn(gui_State, varargin{:});

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback
#########################

I have the same message when I tried with the example data.... Thank you for your help
Attachment: untitled.fig
Feb 3, 2012  02:02 PM | Trina Du
RE: Parameterization
Hi Pauline,

I have come across a similar problem. It has to do with the sprintf() function in thenew version of MATLAB no longer taking sparse matrices as input arguments. I think it can be solved by by chaging theta and phi to full matrices.

Things seems to run OK after this. My current problem is actually in the optimzed parameterization step, where I an not getting the same ADC with the example data as shown in the documentation. It would be great if you could let me know whether you encounter the same issue.

Hope that helps!
Trina
Feb 6, 2012  02:02 PM | Li Shen - University of Pennsylvania
Hi Trina,

Thanks for your email. If you can email me (at shenli@iupui.edu) your Matlab version, OS and other relevant setting, we can take a look and hopefully reproduce and fix the difference.

Thanks,

Li
May 2, 2013  12:05 PM | pan hong
hi,I have the same problem as you,have you sole the problem?I need your help,if it's convenient for you,please email me 616974841@qq.com.

thanks,
shirly
Jul 21, 2013  02:07 PM | Xin Kang
I figure out a simple solution:

theta_east = full( theta(east) );
disp(sprintf('East Center: %05d (%f, %f) pi',east,theta_east/pi,phi(east)/pi));

It works on Matlab 2013a.
Jul 21, 2013  05:07 PM | Li Shen - University of Pennsylvania
Thanks for sharing the solution. -Li
May 9, 2014  09:05 AM | Vera Gramigna - Unicz
Good morning,
I have the same problem using Matlab 2010a and Windows 8.
Can you help me please?
Dec 14, 2016  09:12 PM | Hugh Wang
Originally posted by Trina Du:
Hi Pauline,

I have come across a similar problem. It has to do with the sprintf() function in thenew version of MATLAB no longer taking sparse matrices as input arguments. I think it can be solved by by chaging theta and phi to full matrices.

Things seems to run OK after this. My current problem is actually in the optimzed parameterization step, where I an not getting the same ADC with the example data as shown in the documentation. It would be great if you could let me know whether you encounter the same issue.

Hope that helps!
Trina

I got same problem like Trina's. I got worse ADC after running the excise 3.2. The b01-l-hippo-CALD-smo ADC is 9793.8, far away from 1.31 in the documentation. 

My workstation is running 64bit Ubuntu 16.04, Matlab R2016a, 

Thanks in advance!
Hugh