help > Edge thickness scale
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts
Display:
Results per page:
May 20, 2016  01:05 PM | David Tomecek - NUDZ(NIMH)
Edge thickness scale
Hello experts,

Is there a way one can lock the scale of a thickness (size) of the visualized edges which is defined by the p-values in the .edge matrix? The thing is that I have many .edge matrices where all the p-values are transformed like -log(p-value). Minimum value in my matrices is then about 2.99 but the maximum value is not always the same (~15 - 20) so the scale of a thickness of those edges is different for different .edge matrices and this makes them visualy incomparable with each other. Does anybody know a trick that would do the job?

Thank you!
Best
David
May 21, 2016  08:05 AM | Mingrui Xia
RE: Edge thickness scale
Hi David,

Here is a trick which you can have a try: 1. find the maximum value of all the matrix; 2. edit your transform formula like -log(p)*n/maximum, where n is the fixed edge size for the maximum ones; 3. set the size of edges to raw in the option panel. 

Best,
Mingrui
May 23, 2016  11:05 AM | David Tomecek - NUDZ(NIMH)
Hi Mingrui,

thank you for your help, I did exactly the same steps but the 3rd one - set the size of the edges to raw - didn't work for me. When I set the size of the edges to "raw", warning message pops up telling me that "The size inputed may exceed the proper range, and will be adjusted!", then I hit OK and all the edges have the same size. Any clue?

Thank you!

Best
David
May 23, 2016  12:05 PM | Mingrui Xia
Hi David,

This is because the recommended size range is from 0.2 to 3, you can adjust the output of your transform formula to fit this range. 

Best,
Mingrui
May 24, 2016  10:05 AM | David Tomecek - NUDZ(NIMH)
Hi Mingrui,

thank you very much, it works!

Best
David