help > Cell Counting with TeraFly
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 20, 2017  04:03 PM | Travis Philyaw - University of Utah
Cell Counting with TeraFly
Hi all, 

I am attempting to use the cell counter plugin with an image loaded using TeraFly. I want choose exemplar cells at my highest resolution, which requires me to zoom in (the image is to large to load the highest resolution at full size). Unfortunately this means cells will only be counted within that region. I can count cells over the entire image, but this requires me to use the lowest resolution while choosing cells.

Is there any way for me to select exemplar cells while at the highest resolution and use the cell counter plug-in to identify cells in my entire image or will this only work if I can load/view my whole image at the highest resolution?

Thanks!

- Travis
Mar 20, 2017  05:03 PM | Alessandro Bria
RE: Cell Counting with TeraFly
Hi Travis,

unfortunately the Cell Counter plugin can only process the image portion currently displayed in TeraFly, at the resolution it is displayed. That is, Cell Counter cannot use TeraFly as 'data dispatcher' for arbitrary image regions and resolutions. In TeraFly, what you see is what you can process (this also applies to all other plug-ins).

Alessandro
Originally posted by Travis Philyaw:
Hi all, 

I am attempting to use the cell counter plugin with an image loaded using TeraFly. I want choose exemplar cells at my highest resolution, which requires me to zoom in (the image is to large to load the highest resolution at full size). Unfortunately this means cells will only be counted within that region. I can count cells over the entire image, but this requires me to use the lowest resolution while choosing cells.

Is there any way for me to select exemplar cells while at the highest resolution and use the cell counter plug-in to identify cells in my entire image or will this only work if I can load/view my whole image at the highest resolution?

Thanks!

- Travis