help > Multiple windows in TeraFly
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Mar 30, 2017  10:03 AM | marionac
Multiple windows in TeraFly
I would like to open more than one dataset in the TeraFly plug-in but once I have one opened, the option to open a file is not enabled anymore. (Windows 10 machine, x64 bit)

Is there any existing solution for that? In case that is not possible currently, would it be possible to change (modification of TeraFly plug-in) it for enabling multiple datasets opened at the same time?

Thanks,
-Mariona
Apr 7, 2017  07:04 PM | Hanchuan Peng
RE: Multiple windows in TeraFly
Good question, -- but apparently you can launch multiple Vaa3D instances and thus multiple terafly windows for several datasets, on the same computers.

-Hanchuan

Originally posted by marionac:
I would like to open more than one dataset in the TeraFly plug-in but once I have one opened, the option to open a file is not enabled anymore. (Windows 10 machine, x64 bit)

Is there any existing solution for that? In case that is not possible currently, would it be possible to change (modification of TeraFly plug-in) it for enabling multiple datasets opened at the same time?

Thanks,
-Mariona
Apr 13, 2017  09:04 AM | Alessandro Bria
RE: Multiple windows in TeraFly
That's a design choice. Visualising a terabyte-size volume requires a great hardware effort especially by the graphic card. Allowing multiple volume visualization would likely make the effort not easily manageable or even not feasible.

So no, we do not plan to change this.

However, as Hanchuan said, you can open multiple instances of Vaa3D. But I do not guarantee that it will work smoothly, for the same reasons mentioned above.

Originally posted by marionac:

Thanks,
-Mariona