help > RE: NBS for neural structure-decision making analysis
Aug 3, 2015  07:08 AM | Loreen Mamerow
RE: NBS for neural structure-decision making analysis
Ok great, thank you very much!

Loreen

Originally posted by Andrew Zalesky:
Hi Loreen,

The NBS is a general method, just like any statistical test (e.g. t-test). It is not limited to a particular type of clinical variable or fMRI task.

I'm not familiar with the risk-taking fMRI tasks that you have listed, but I don't see any reason why the NBS could not be applied to any of these cases (considering the usual caveats of course). 

This forum is methodological in nature, but maybe someone might have come across some published examples based on the tasks you have listed .

Andrew

Originally posted by Loreen Mamerow:
Dear NBS users,

I was wondering whether anyone had come across published literature that utilises NBS (general approach and toolbox) to investigate the relationship between structural components and behavioural parameters derived from decision making tasks? Specifically, I am trying to find any research which might have used NBS to investigate the relationship between functional and/or structural networks with parameters derived from tasks used to assess risk taking or decision making under risk (e.g. mixed lotteries, gambles, balloon analogue risk task, Iowa gambling task, Columbia card task, devil's task), or self-report inventories (e.g. DOSPERT, BIS/BAS, UPPS, etc.).

So far I have found many very interesting articles on (sub)clinical populations, usually examining a) network differences between populations or b) relationship between network and some clinical/behavioural parameter within populations. These articles are very useful references for showing the breadth of areas and questions for which NBS has been used, but I am now looking (unfortunately without much success so far) for research that is directly relevant for our own paradigms and research focus. 

Any pointers or advice on where to look would be much appreciated! Apologies for posting such a rather general question in this forum, but given the specificity of the toolbox/approach, I thought it a relevant topic.

Kind regards, Loreen

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Loreen Mamerow Jul 31, 2015
Andrew Zalesky Aug 1, 2015
RE: NBS for neural structure-decision making analysis
Loreen Mamerow Aug 3, 2015