help > Possibly corrupted project
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts
Display:
Results per page:
Jul 12, 2021  02:07 PM | Mikey Malina - University of Chicago
Possibly corrupted project
Hello,

I have a CONN project (attached) that I am trying to open as I normally would. When I attempt to open it, I get the following error:

Error using conn (line 837)
Failed to load file /project2/skeedy/BSNIP2_2020/BSNIP2_2020_conn.mat.
Error in conn (line 4427)
conn('load',filename,true);
Error in conn_menumanager (line 120)

Despite this, in the MATLAB command window, I get this message:

Project /project2/skeedy/BSNIP2_2020/BSNIP2_2020_conn.mat loaded

I have gone into the /snapshot directory in order to recover the file, where archived copies of directories are kept; when I open the CONN project through snapshot,  the file opens and I can interact with CONN how I normally would. But when I move this snapshot copy of the project into the normal working directory I get the same error again, as if the problem is the directory the project is in as opposed to the project itself. Though if I move the project into a different directory, I still am unable to open it. Additionally, I am able to open other CONN projects within that normal working directory as well as other directories. For whatever reason, I am now only able to open this specific project in the snapshot directory. I have not made any changes to the project, so I am unsure of what the difference is between the copied version and the usual version.

If the file is corrupted, why is it able to open in the snapshot directory? If it isn't corrupted, why am I unable to open it anywhere else? Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Mikey