help > RE: Error messages during first analysis
Nov 18, 2014  07:11 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Error messages during first analysis
Hi Jisook

The error message indicates a low-level error when attempting to write into the target folder (in this case the conn_*/results/firstlevel folder), so again my first guess if this is not an external or network drive would be a full or near-full hard drive. Also in your particular error message it seems that the @file_array class in SPM is being overloaded by another toolbox (rest?). This class handles the memory-mapping of files so I would probably suggest to first make sure that SPM is highest in your Matlab path, then restart Matlab, and try again. To check that SPM is handling its own @file_array class you may type in the command line the following:

which @file_array/subsasgn

before starting CONN. If the answer is other than a SPM subfolder then you have another toolbox overloading SPM functionality which may (or may not) be part of the problem here.

Best
Alfonso

ps. also if you could please in the future send the full error message when reporting an error, that full report contains things like which version of CONN, SPM, and Matlab you have, which toolboxes may be overloading some of the SPM or CONN functionality, etc., which make diagnosing potential problems easier
Originally posted by Ji Sook Park:
I truly appreciate it! Your comments are very helpful!

Now, I am running Conn in the local storage. However, I ran into the below error messages. 
I think I got this message when the computer was running the first-level analysis.
I am wondering whether this message resulted from the ROI files that I created.
My ROI files were created by PickAtlas 2.5. Or, I am wondering if I am encountering a different issue.

Please let me know! Thank you so much! Ji Sook

ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Error using rest_mat2file
Problem writing data (3).
Error in file_array/subsasgn>subfun (line 125)
rest_mat2file(sobj,dat,va{:});
Error in file_array/subsasgn (line 63)
subfun(sobj,double(dat),args{:});
Error in spm_write_plane (line 33)
V.private.dat = subsasgn(V.private.dat,S,dat);
Error in conn_process (line 1698)
Yout{nroi}=spm_write_plane(Yout{nroi},t,slice);
Error in conn_process (line 25)
case 'analyses_gui_seed',disp(['CONN: RUNNING ANALYSIS STEP (ROI-to-ROI or seed-to-voxel analyses)']); conn_process([10:12,15],CONN_x.Analysis);

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Ji Sook Park Nov 14, 2014
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Nov 15, 2014
Ji Sook Park Nov 18, 2014
RE: Error messages during first analysis
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Nov 18, 2014
Ji Sook Park Nov 19, 2014