help > RE: Error importing SPM.mat file
Dec 31, 2014  08:12 PM | Alfonso Nieto-Castanon - Boston University
RE: Error importing SPM.mat file
Hi Xiaozhen,

Sorry about this, I believe this was just a bug in the GUI (it shows up when you create your project using batch scripts and do not specify any structural volumes for your data; it gives you this error whenever you try to display any results for the second-or-above sessions because the gui was not taking properly into account that you were using session-invariant structurals in this case). In any way, please try the attached patch (for version CONN14p; simply copy this file into your CONN distribution folder overwriting the file with the same name there) and let me know if everything works as expected now.

Best
Alfonso
Originally posted by Xiaozhen You:
Thank you Alfonso again for your reply!
I'm sorry that error comes up again after running this, everything seems works perfectly in the setup, and I checked the conditions and covariates, all look fine, but then in the denoising step, when I click on session 2 data for each subject it'll give me error and can't display, but session1 data is ok. Also then when I clicked first level analysis, seems both sessions are fine to check.

Could you check my conn file to see if you can spot anything weird, I did try to rerun the setup step again as it suggested in the error message, however, it still gives me the same error..
ERROR DESCRIPTION:

Index exceeds matrix dimensions.
Error in conn (line 2575)
CONN_h.menus.m_preproc.Xs=spm_get_data(CONN_h.menus.m_preproc.XS(1),pinv(CONN_h.menus.m_preproc.XS(1).mat)*xyz');
CONN v.14.p
SPM8 + Anatomy ArtRepair Beamforming DEM FieldMap INRIAlign LI MEEGtools PPPI TOM8 aal marsbar wfupickatlas
Matlab v.2012b
storage: 1259.1Gb available
SUGGESTIONS:
Potential missing Setup information. Try revising Setup fields for potential missing information

ps, after seeing the error, I tried to move task conditions except rest to covariates according to your suggestion on looking at "resting state" during a task by Fair et al., (but I'll have 2 different kind of resting state since the two tasks are fundamentally two different states).

Thank you again and happy new year!
Xiaozhen

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Xiaozhen You Nov 25, 2014
Xiaozhen You Nov 26, 2014
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Nov 27, 2014
Xiaozhen You Dec 9, 2014
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Dec 10, 2014
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Dec 10, 2014
Xiaozhen You Dec 10, 2014
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Dec 12, 2014