help > RE: 2x2 ANOVA setup
Oct 8, 2015  04:10 PM | Lars Michels
RE: 2x2 ANOVA setup
Hi Alfonso

Thanks for your quick reply.

It makes perfectly sense.

@gPPI: No, I don't have an ABABAB design but rather A rest B rest A rest. I was just wondering if I would not define the "control" condition for the task then gPPI would probably give the the same result as the "classical" PPI analysis, right? Can we speak also from a gPPI if I have only one task condition (and no control) twice, before AND after training?

One (last) question to the design. Now, I first calculated the background connectivity (and moved the task conditions as Covariates using the condition tool. In addition, I moved in the Denoising tab the 'effect of task' as part of the 'confounds' list)

Using the same con.mat file, I then wanted to run the gPPI. Can you confirm, is this procedure correct?

"For the condition-specific connectivity effects, then simply leave the original three conditions (rest, task, and control for task) in the Setup.conditions list (do not move the last two to the first-level covariates list), and still have all of those 'effect of task*' effects included in the 'confounds' list during Denoising. In this case, in addition to the same 'rest' effects as you were obtaining before, you will also obtain task-specific ('task' and 'control for task') connectivity estimates for your second-level analyses"

Funnily, I cannot run the gPPI using the same design mat file, since I cannot restore the task condition once I moved it to the Covariates list in the condition list (at least it did to reappear under conditions when I delete this covariate).

Thanks
Lars

Threaded View

TitleAuthorDate
Greg Book Mar 12, 2014
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Apr 14, 2014
Victor Pando-Naude Feb 1, 2023
Amy Bouchard Mar 27, 2020
Alfonso Nieto-Castanon Mar 28, 2020
Amy Bouchard Mar 28, 2020
Bruno Baumann May 2, 2016
Lars Michels Oct 2, 2015